Monday, July 8, 2013

Baby Roman

Wow! Today or yesterday....was a wonderful, hetic, amazing day! We will never forget July 8th in our family!! Just to give you some background, Alexis was suppose to go the baby Dr on Friday only to find out her doctor had a family emergency. So, they rescheduled her appointment till Monday at 2. Taylor decided not to go because he has already taken off alot, so I was excited to go! I woke up after sleeping over 8 hours! Praise the Lord!! (More to come on this!) I called Alexis and she was not feeling well at all! She told me she was having some contractions and thought her water was maybe leaking. Then, she said she was going to lay down and for me to come about one. When I got there, she told me she had changed 4 times because of her leaking but her contractions were not consistent so there was no way she was in labor. We decided to head to the doctor early "just in case" she could be in labor. Just before we left I asked if she wanted to grab her bags or sit them by the door. She said yes but I need to put a few more things in them. If anyone knows Alexis she is a planner! I am talking down to the second planner! This was not normal for her but a God thing in my eyes!! So, she finished packing and off we went! I was excited to be with her and going to the baby doctor! We got there and walked in and Alexis looks down and says, "Amber, my pants are wet." We quickly went upstairs to tell the receptionist I was shocked how quickly we went back! She told the nurse and and she said, "Oh, honey I think you will be taking a trip downstairs." (labor & delivery floor). Then, in came DR right when he walked in water went everywhere. Of course, being the supportive sister I burst out laughing. I mean what else do you do. Alexis said I am so embrassed. The DR calmly stated, "Better here than at walmart." He then told Alexis her water had in fact broke and he was calling to get her a room now to get labor rolling. Things moved pretty fast...we were checked in by 2.....Sweet Baby Love was here by 9:18!! He weighs 6 lbs. 10 oz. He is 19 inches long.
Roman Case Sterling, you are so loved already! We are so glad you came into the world! I can not wait to watch you grow, learn, and love! Always remember your roots, build a relationship with Jesus, and love with all your heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment