Monday, July 1, 2013

Forgiveness

I know I need to write this, but it is HARD. I know God's Grace is enough for me, but here is the deal. I have made so many mistakes. I mean people really don't even know. I am sure if anyone I go to college with reads this, they are like oh I know. But here is the real deal. God knows it all, and he forgives me anyway. Wow! It is so amazing to me. I mean I am one of those people that can make the same mistake 100 times before I learn that it is a mistake. But, God knew that and forgives me because his son Jesus died on the cross for me and my sin. I feel so many times that I am not good enough....guess what.... I am not. That is the neat thing about Grace. I don't have to do good works. What I do have to do is work harder to read God's word and get to know him better each day. I have to strive to live a life that will glorify him. All this to get me here:
These last few months have been a struggle for not only me, but especially my best friend. She has went through one of the toughest times in her life. She found out in September her husband was having an affair, then her Grandma unexpected passed away. This is what I can tell you without all the details. Her ex-husband had become one of my best guy friends. He was someone I could talk about sports with, trust to get advice from, and just talk to him. I can tell you this. I have been able to forgive him for the affairs, but he said some hurtful things to someone that means so much to me. I still see lots of times how these comments have hurt her. It breaks my heart. I know just like God shows me grace I need to do the same....it is just hard for me! I am praying that this forgiveness comes and that I can get there! I know I will. Isn't God's Grace a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment