Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Life is tough

I know I need to write about this, but I also know it's going to be very hard. Last week, 1 of my students I had the first year teaching passed away. When I found out I was in shock. This student had a disorder known as Prader Willi syndrome. I knew from the time I met him that he was special. He had a way to brighten anyone's day. He could make you laugh even when you were mad. He had many friends at Greenwood. His peers accepted him as 1 of their  own. I also knew from the time I met him, that his life expectancy wouldn't be normal but, I never thought he would pass away at such a young age. The Junior High Principal did the funeral and did an amazing job! It is so weird to me how you get so attached to the kids you teach. They are all like my own children. I'll never forget Hunter or the impact he had! I know now that he is perfect in heaven worshiping Jesus! Thank you for allowing me to write this it brings lots of peace and closure to me!!
On a side note, 1 of our students this weekend it Dnow ask me if life is fair. My answers, no. What I do think matters is how we react to things that happen to us in our life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment